Raw Pad Thai
Try this Raw Pad Thai recipe, which is an easy, tasty and light dish, perfect for the heat of Summer. It is also low in carbohydrate and packed full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and good fats.
1 large zucchini, peeled
1 large carrot, peeled shredded
1/2 red,oryellow capsicum finely sliced
1/4 red or green cabbage sliced
1/4 cup bean sprouts
2 green onions, chopped (plus more for garnish)
2 tbsp. fresh coriander, chopped (plus more for garnish)
2 tbsp. cashews, chopped (for garnish)
3 tbsp raw almond butter
1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp tamari
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp coriander
1/4 -1/2 small chili, chopped (to taste)
- Using a mandolin or julienne peeler, slice the zucchini into very thin, noodle sized strips.
- Place in a bowl and add carrots, bean sprouts, capsicum, cabbage, onions, and coriander. Mix to combine and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor combine all the ingredients for the dressing, blending until smooth. Pour over noodle mixture and toss to coat.
- Divide evenly on two separate plates and top with coriander, green onions, and cashews. Squeeze fresh lime juice over pad thai and enjoy!
- Add tofu, scrambled eggs or chicken to increase protein content.