Paleo Pumpkin Bread
Try this simple, healthy, and low carb Paleo pumpkin bread, that is made with almond meal.
2 cups almond meal
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp mixed spice
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup mashed or pureed pumpkin
1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp maple syrup or honey (optional)
- Line a rectangular baking tin with baking paper and grease lightly. Place aside.
- Combine almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder and mixed spice in a bowl and mix well.
- Add walnuts to the bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl add in eggs and beat lightly.
- Add the melted coconut oil to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Add in vanilla essence and honey or maple syrup and stir well.
- Gradually add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour the ingredients into the baking tin and place in a preheated oven at 160 degrees celcius for 30 to 40 minutes. To test place a skewer in the centre of the bread. The bread is ready when the skewer comes out clean.
- When cooked remove from the oven and place on a cooling tray. Leave to cool for 1 hour and slice with a serrated knife.
May be enjoyed on it’s own or with organic butter or nut butter.