Try this easy and tasty Coriander Salmon with Lemon Rice Pilaf recipe, to help increase coriander in your diet.
Did you know that coriander is a fragrant, antioxidant-rich herb that has may culinary uses and health benefits? It can help lower your blood sugars, fight infections and promote heart, brain, skin and digestive health. Coriander is also great for removing mercury and heavy metals from our system.
4 x 125gm fish fillets
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1 Tbsp olive oil
For the Pilaf
1 onion finely chopped
1 tsp finely grated ginger
1 cup long grain rice
2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
Juice and finely granted zest of one lemon
3 Tbsp chopped parsley
1 capsicum finely chopped
1 zucchini finely chopped
Preheat oven to 160°C.
Mix coriander leaves, lemon zest and olive oil and rub over fish. Place in a baking tray lined with non-stick paper. Cook for 15 to 20 mins until cooked through.
For the Pilaf:
- Place oil in a frypan and fry the onion and ginger for 2 to 3 mins.
- Next add remaining vegetables and cook for a further few minutes.
- Next add rice and combine cooking for a further few minutes.
- Next add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer on low for 10 to 15 minutes until almost all stock is absorbed.
- Stir in lemon zest, juice and parsley.
- Season with pepper.
Serve the fish fillets on top of the pilaf.
Note: The rice can be substituted with quinoa
If you enjoyed this Coriander Salmon recipe and are wanting to increase your coriander intake, then check out my Rice Paper Rolls, San Choy Bow, Detox Pesto, Raw Pad Thai recipes, which contain fresh coriander leaves.
For those of you who are wanting to maintain a healthy diet, then check out my collection of healthy main meal recipes.