Roast Vegetable Salad
A roast vegetable salad with sesame dressing can be great for a light dinner or lunch and is low in carbohydrates.
2 small red onions peeled and quartered
1 large sweet potato cut into slices
1 small eggplant sliced 1 red and yellow capsicum cut into chunks
1 large zucchini sliced
6 to 8 medium sized mushrooms, sliced
1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
2 Tbsp Virgin cold pressed Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 tsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 200 C.
2. Place the vegetables on baking tray or roasting pan and brush with olive oil (may need to do this in stages as they will not all fit on one tray).
3. Bake each lot of vegetables until cooked.
4. Allow the vegetables to cool slightly then cut up into smaller bit size portions.
5. Place in a large bowl and toss the vegetables to combine them.
6. Add all dressing ingredients to a jar and shake well.
7. Pour over the vegetables then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Chickpeas may also be added to this salad to increase its protein content.