Coconut Panna Cotta with Passionfruit Jelly
This Coconut Panna Cotta with Passionfruit Jelly is a healthy, easy, no cook recipe which is a great special occasion dessert. You can substitute the passionfruit for mango or do a combo of both if you prefer.
1 cup passionfruit pulp
1 ½ sheets grass fed gelatine
1-2 tbsp maple syrup, honey or coconut nectar
50 mls filtered water
• Place the gelatine leaves in cool water and soak for 15 minutes.
• Place the passionfruit, water and desired sweetener in saucepan. Bring to boil and simmer for a few minutes
• Remove gelatine from water, squeeze out excess water and add to the passionfruit mixture.
• Stir until gelatine is completely dissolved
• Remove saucepan from heat and cool for a few minutes.
• Pour about 1 to 1.5 cm of the passionfruit mixture into ramekins.
• Refrigerate for 2 hours or until completely set.
• Next move onto the Panna cotta recipe.
1 can organic coconut cream
2 tablespoons maple syrup, honey or coconut nectar
1 organic vanilla pod
4 Kaffir lime leaves
2 sheets grass fed gelatine
• Pour the coconut cream into a saucepan and add the seeds of the vanilla bean, kaffir lime leaves and vanilla bean pod and infuse for 30 minutes
• Meanwhile add the gelatine leaves to some cool water and soak for 15 minutes.
• Add the maple syrup or sweetener to the coconut cream mixture and bring to a simmer.
• Remove the gelatine leaves and squeeze out excess water. Add the gelatine leaves to the coconut mixture and stir until the gelatine is dissolved.
• Remove from heat and strain the mixture.
• Allow to cool for 10 minutes before pouring mixture on top of set passionfruit jelly.
• Return to the fridge for another 2 hours or until set.
• To serve turn out onto a small plate.