Spice Roasted Cauliflower on Quinoa Pilaf
Cauliflowers are of the cruciferous vegetable family, so try this Spice Roasted Cauliflower recipe to help support your liver detoxification pathways.
1 whole cauliflower
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sumac
1 tsp ground sea salt
Green Tahini Sauce
3/4 cup water
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 large garlic cloves crushed
1 small bunch coriander
2-3 slices jalapeno or green chili
1/4 teaspoon ground sea salt, more to taste
½ cup tahini paste
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Trim leaves off cauliflower and break into small florets. Place in a bowl and sprinkle with the spice mix, salt and olive oil and place on a pan lined with baking paper in the oven. Roast until fork tender about 20-25 minutes.
3. While it’s roasting make the green tahini sauce.
4. Place all the ingredients except the tahini paste in the blender, and blend until combined (but not smooth). Add paste and blend again until desired smoothness. Adjust salt.
1 cup tricolour quinoa
2 cups vegetable stock
¼ cup pine nuts
¼ cup currants
½ cup chopped coriander
1. Rinse the quinoa and place in a small saucepan. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
2. Remove from heat and add the pine nuts, currants and coriander.
3. Spread a bed of quinoa on a large serving platter and arrange the cooked cauliflower on top. Next drizzle the green tahini sauce over the cauliflower