Spice Roasted Cauliflower on Quinoa Pilaf
Cauliflowers are of the cruciferous vegetable family, so try this Spice Roasted Cauliflower recipe to help support your liver detoxification pathways.
1 whole cauliflower
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp sumac
1 tsp ground sea salt
Green Tahini Sauce
3/4 cup water
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 large garlic cloves crushed
1 small bunch coriander
2-3 slices jalapeno or green chili
1/4 teaspoon ground sea salt, more to taste
½ cup tahini paste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Trim leaves off cauliflower and break into small florets. Place in a bowl and sprinkle with the spice mix, salt and olive oil and place on a pan lined with baking paper in the oven. Roast until fork tender about 20-25 minutes.
- While it’s roasting make the green tahini sauce.
- Place all the ingredients except the tahini paste in the blender, and blend until combined (but not smooth). Add paste and blend again until desired smoothness. Adjust salt.
1 cup tricolour quinoa
2 cups vegetable stock
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup currants
1/2 cup chopped coriander
- Rinse the quinoa and place in a small saucepan. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and add the pine nuts, currants and coriander.
- Spread a bed of quinoa on a large serving platter and arrange the cooked cauliflower on top. Next drizzle the green tahini sauce over the cauliflower.