Coconut & Sesame Bars
This Coconut & Sesame Bar is a healthy, easy, gluten and dairy free raw sweet treat.
2cups sesame seeds
¾ cup currants or sultanas
¼ cup chia seeds
½ cup dried, shredded coconut
½ cup almond meal or flaxseed meal
¼ cup tahini
¼ cup nut butter
¼ cup coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¾ teaspoon sea salt
1. Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine well.
2. Add remaining ingredients and stir gently with a spoon.
3. Press mixture FIRMLY down into a large baking pan lined with baking paper.
4. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
5. Remove from freezer and cut into 14 slices.
6. Bars should always be kept in the freezer and eaten when chilled.