Coconut & Sesame Bars
This Coconut & Sesame Bar is a healthy, easy, gluten and dairy free raw sweet treat.
2cups sesame seeds
3/4 cup currants or sultanas
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup dried, shredded coconut
1/2 cup almond meal or flaxseed meal
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup nut butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine well.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir gently with a spoon.
- Press mixture FIRMLY down into a large baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer and cut into 14 slices.
- Bars should always be kept in the freezer and eaten when chilled.